Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2008 01:09:36 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        <soralx@cydem.org>
Cc:        jcw@highperformance.net, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two years ago today...

On Oct 4, 2008, at 10:23 PM, <soralx@cydem.org> wrote:

>> David Kelly wrote:
>>> dkelly@AndrAIa {1004} uptime
>>>  4:44PM  up 730 days, 22 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.10,
>>> 0.03, 0.01
>>> dkelly@AndrAIa {1005} uname -a
>>> FreeBSD AndrAIa.local 5.5-STABLE FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE #4: Fri Sep  8
>>> 14:39:36 CDT 2006 dkelly@AndrAIa.local:/home/obj/usr/src/sys/ANDRAIA
>>> i386
>> You obviously haven't been upgrading enough.  One day I will tell you
>> teh story of teh "make world".
>
> I think I saw one extra word in the first sentence... Guess what it
> was?
> Right, if the system is up and doing its job, then he obviously _was_
> upgrading _enough_ :-P

Exactly. Is not directly exposed to the internet. Two of us at work
use it as an SVN server and occasionally test HTML and PHP there with
Apache before putting the code somewhere else.

Also have avr-gcc installed. That and other installed ports are
mostly current. Does not have X at the moment but has in the past.
Takes 3 or 4 days for this 450 MHz PII to build X.

Has a whopping 192 MB of ECC RAM.

As for an SVN server, I'm a bit concerned about the HDs. One is a
slow 6GB WD clunker. Dell Optiplex original equipment came-with-
machine, and the other is one of the first IBM 15G ultra-100 drives.
Both drives have been running essentially continuous for 8 years. I
really ought to pay more attention to backups.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net