Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:03:20 +1100
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whats with this -> sendto: No buffer space available

Nyteckjobs@aol.com wrote:

> It usually means that the send queue is full and for one reason or another
> its not getting processed. It seems to be a bug in FreeBSD...the resolution
> is for the lower layer to always accept the frame and  drop it locally

Yes it would seem its a bug...

Even though I am sure this is caused by problems with the ISP,
it seems strange that this happens... Should the send queue not
get emptyed out once the link comes back up??

Should it even fill up like this? Surly if the packets cant be
sent for whatever reason they should be dropped after a while??
Return an ICMP destination unreachable or something like that
back... Not just sit there and do nothing?!