Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:39:46 -0700
From:      William Bloom <wbloom@eldocomp.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Evolution Message Summary View

Good to hear that this isn't unique to me, but I have to correct
myself.  Experimenting further, I find that it's not quite true that
switching to -any- view triggers the oddness.  For example, switching
from the inbox to the tasks view and back seems to not be a problem.=20
Ditto for the contacts view.  In my case, though, since I've only have a
couple of hours flight time with Evolution, I've not yet defined any
tasks or contacts so these views are empty, anyway.

Bill

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 22:11, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 18:33, William Bloom wrote:
> > I've just installed the Evolution 1.4.4 port and I'm generally
> pleased,
> > with reservations.  I've encountered the inbox permission problem
> > reported in other posts to freebsd-questions, but also I've noticed
> that
> > there seems to be a date/time formatting problem in the message
> summary
> > view that's not been mentioned in earlier posts.  For that matter,
> I've
> > seen nothing referencing this problem in the issue list at
> > http://developer.ximian.org/projects/evolution.  The symptom is that a
> > message's date/time is shown as expected when the view is first
> > displayed after Evolution startup.  But if -any- other view is
> displayed
> > (i.e. Summary), then on return to the message summary the date/times
> all
> > are evidently displayed with a UTC time offset (0) instead of the
> > correct one.  Once this occurs, the date/time never returns to the
> > current offset until Evolution is stopped and restarted.  Has anyone
> > else seen this as well, or know a workaround?
>=20
> Ah, that's the catalyst.  There have been numerous reports of this
> problem, but I was never able to reproduce it.  Switching views is the
> catalyst.  I suspect this is not a FreeBSD bug, but now that I have a
> definite catalyst, I will take this to the Ximian people, and see what
> they have to say.
>=20
> Joe
>=20
> >=20
> > Bill
--=20
William Bloom <wbloom@eldocomp.com> (602) 604-3100
Eldorado Computing, Inc.  5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
Phoenix, Az 85016  http://www.eldocomp.com

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to =
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, =
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are =
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended =
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or =
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the =
message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately =
advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.