Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:44:43 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the status of gvinum in FreeBSD 5.3?

On Feb 17, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Bill Moran wrote:

> I was wondering about the status of gvinum in 5.3.
>
> I seem to remember that there were a lot of problems with gvinum in
> 5.3,
> but searching around, I can't seem to find anything that says for sure
> one way or the other.

IIRC the problem is with classic vinum in 5.3, not gvinum. However
gvinum is not claimed to be complete or finished.

I created a vinum striped array of 2 drives in 5.2.1 which caused a
fair bit of trouble (rarely remembered its configure on reboot). But
when I switched to gvinum (forgot exactly when) the machine has been
trouble free.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net