Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 11:23:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@mother.sneaker.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPSd

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> +-----[ Doug White ]------------------------------
> |
> | admin of that machine is trying to set some uptime record and won't
> | shutdown the box so I can swipe it.  :-(
>
> Tell him he has to go at least 5 years. I've been on a Sun 3/80
> connected to the internet, that had an uptime over 5 years. If he can't make
> that, make him down it. d8)

I convinced him last night, but I just attached the signal cable to the
mailserver it's protecting.  The SmartUPS v/s is pretty stupid; I can ask
it it's serial number, model, some of the modes, and tell it to shut down,
and that's about it.  I need the copy of PowerChute v/s that came with it
to slap a line monitor onto. I have OS/2 with SIO in the other half of
this computer, and AFAIR it comes with an OS/2 version of PowerChute v/s.

I was warned the box may be Southern California.  :-)