Date:      Tue, 05 Jan 1999 16:52:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Greg Rowe <greg@uswest.net>
To:        Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Symbios & SC450NX

Thanks, this did the trick. I'll beat on the server for a few days now and see
how it holds up.

Greg

On 05-Jan-99 Gerard Roudier wrote:

>>    CCB > CCB_H  pci/ncr.c Target ID Failed at 5079
>> ssassertion "target == ccb->ccb_h.target_id" failed: file "../../pci/ncr.c",
>> line 5079
>
> The driver is using CTEST0 IO register to store the target id from
> SCRIPTS. The C code reads this register on some interrupt condition to
> identify the target that is currently talking with the controller. But,
> the 896 uses this register to indicate the status of bytes at the bottom
> of the DMA fifo, and so this register shall not be used anymore by the
> driver to keep track of the target id.
>
> If you want the driver to work immediately for you, the following trick
> should be enough, but it is not kind of beauty, by the way:
>
> $ vi ncr.c
>
>:1,$ s/ctest0/sdid/g
>

> Regards,
>   Gerard.

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-scsi" in the body of the message

Greg Rowe <greg@uswest.net>   US WEST -  Internet Service Operations
"The telephone, for those of you who  have forgotten, was a commonly
used communications technology in the days before electronic mail.
They're still easy to find in most large cities." -- Nathaniel Borenstein