Date:      Thu, 07 Dec 2000 21:36:46 +0100
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.nl>
To:        growfs@tomsoft.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: growfs(8) for FreeBSD

Is it also capable of shrinking filesystems? I've sometimes wanted to grow
my /var or / slice using space freed by shrinking /usr (on a default
partitioned disk). Up to now I've solved it through symlinks, but that
doesn't really deserve the beauty award. I'd imagine a lot of new users
wouldn't mind being able to change partition size on a fully configured
machine without having to resort to backup, reslice, restore....

Anyways, sounds like a very handy tool already!

Just my $0,02

         DocWilco