Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 15:17:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sony VAIO F-series

Hi,

I'm trying to find a laptop for work to buy me and the Sony VAIO F-series
laptops look really good.  I've seen at least one FreeBSD person raving
about them, but I'd like some more information about them under FreeBSD.
Specificaly what works and what doesn't.  Primarirly, would the DVD-ROM
drive work like a CD player for me or just not work at all, does the
ethernet adaptor in the port replicator work, and how well does the video
work under X.  Also, comments about the sound and modem support would be
helpful.

Thanks for your input,
Brooks Davis

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"