Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 1999 10:44:52 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, jb@cimlogic.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make aout-to-elf failures (from 2.2.7-RELEASE to -current ELF)

Mike Smith wrote:
> There's a lot of intent, but I haven't heard from anyone that's
> actively working on fixing this.  If you want to take it on, you're
> sure to be popular. 8)

Reading between the lines of what Jordan and Peter have said, it sounds
like we'll see something on the 6th. Since all the discussion (if any)
of this was conducted in private leading up to a "core" decision, we can
only speculate. The upgrade tests take a long time, so putting in a lot
of effort to have something undone on the 6th is unwise IMHO.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137