Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:43:03 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   TP R51e Radeon X200m question

Dear all,

I hope that this question is not very off-topic on this list.

Recently I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad R51e which has a Radeon X200M
graphics chip. I installed 7.0-CURRENT on it and proceeded to compile
and configure xorg from ports.

I was aware that there is no working 3d support for this chip on
FreeBSD, but I thought it would work OK with the radeon driver
otherwise. Unfortunately this is not the case. If I use the radeon(4)
driver from xorg, after startx the screen turns black and stays that
way, there is no way to get a working console even with Ctrl+Alt+BS.
There are no errors in the Xorg.log, but I never get a working X display
either. Things work with the vesa driver, but obviously this is
suboptimal.

So here is the question: has someone perhaps gotten this laptop model to
work with the xorg that we have in ports? If not, can anyone give me
some good advice on the Radeon X200M configuration? This chip seems to
be rather common these days in laptops...

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM