Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:05:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      "David G. Andersen" <dga@pobox.com>
To:        root@battery.yi.org (Brad Mace)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mrtg through firewall

Not really.  You're going to basically have to allow UDP from the snmp
port back to any of your high UDP ports, but you can at least limit it to
that.  You'll still be able to block most of the reserved UDP ports.

Similar problems exist with many DNS resolvers, so it likely won't be a
big change for your firewall rules.

  -Dave

work: dga@lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga@pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/