Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:49:04 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SUMMARY: Selecting media on LinkSys combo card

> The one disadvantage I've noticed so far:  The connector that plugs
> into the end of the card collides with the telephone wire that's
> plugged into the Megahertz X-Jack modem card.  It looks like I won't
> be able to use them at the same time.  I'm not sure which card to
> blame for this.

For what it's worth, have the same problem with the 3Com 589D I have.
It is *just* possible to squeeze the two in if the modem is below and
the ether plug above.

IMHO, the stupid X-jack connector is at fault here.  The only way to
sensibly make such a thing work would be for it to swing out away from
any likely colocated cards.

And imagine trying to use two of them at once.  Do you know if it's
possible to obtain a cable to fit the plug on the Megahertz card?

mike