Date:      Sun,  2 Jan 2005 13:08:21 +0200
From:      dkouroun@cc.uoi.gr
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvidia-drivers with 4.10

Dear freebsd-performance people,
I went on measuring performance in 4.10 Release.
I compiled the lates FreeBSD drivers by nvidia.
The problem was that with FreeBSD 4.10 native agp the
performance was unacceptable 5 frames per second.
I rebooted and changed /etc/X11/XF86Config such that
it uses nvidia agp (Option "NvAGP" "1"). The first
time I run the program the performance went up to 117fps.
Have in mind that in SuSE it is 269fps. The second time
I run the program the performance dropped down to 5fps again!

Can anybody explain what is going on?

Thanks in advance!
Drosos.