Date:      Sat, 07 Jan 1995 12:16:09 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
To:        Seth Andrew Covitz <sc67+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com, fbsd@clem.systemsix.com
Subject:   Re: Mwm for FreeBSD

>    Has anyone ever used Mwm on FreeBSD, and if you have, do you know
> where the source is?

Mwm is "owned" by the Open Software Foundation.  You have to license
source from them, for a fairly hefty fee.  I have switched to
fvwm, which I believe to be better in most respects.  I think
it is somewhere in the freeBSD tree, I started with sources from
I forget where...  This is a replacement for mwm only, not the
required libraries to write motif applications.  There are rumors
of several projects to clone the motif libs, I would be grateful
if anyone could steer me to an ftp site for any of them...

					Steve Passe
					smp@csn.org