Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:29:12 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>, ctm-users@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs -R export -r RELENG_5_2 src

Julian Stacey wrote:
> Hi Stephen
> (not cc'd ctm-users@freebsd.org as you didn't to me)

Yes - that was my mistake.  Let me add ctm-users back again.

> If you wanted to start src-5 ahead of the oficial 5 stable which
> will come out after 5.3 release, ( with the cvs RELENG_5 tag I
> believe ) then for now you could set shells etc up to extract with
> cvs tag RELENG_5_2 then switch extractor to RELENG_5 later.  It
> would result in one big delta change at the switch, but apart from
> that should work, & would work as a path finder exercise: as your
> mirrors are going to need an extra tree, more space, permissions
> checked etc when src-5 comes in. So if it's all set up & working
> before RELENG_5 appears, your ctms will catch up quickly once it
> does, no time delay for setup.
>
> Your choice if you do or don't.

I was thinking of waiting until RELENG_5.  If several people would like
a src-5 that follows RELENG_5_2 then I will do it, and I really don't
think it would greatly add to the overhead of generating CTM's at my
end.  But since I am anticipating that RELENG_5_2 will not change much
at all until RELENG_5, my inclination is to wait.

Stephen