Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 1995 20:49:07 +0000 ()
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail and/or routing problem

[ Changing the machines hostname, in conjunction with adding a new
  network interface had caused incoming e-mail to be bounced]

Thanks for the responses. The solution turned out to be altering the
line

    Cwblueberry.co.uk

in /etc/sendmail.cf to

    Cwelbereth.blueberry.co.uk

For my next trick, I will try and understand *why* that worked <grin>.

And for my next question:

Anyone got a Mac successfully connected to a FreeBSD box? I've got a Mac
and my FreeBSD box connected with some UTP cable. The Mac is running
MacTCP 2.0.6, and I've done the following:

    o Turned on networking in the Chooser
    o Selected Ether* (either Ethernet or Ethertalk, it makes no
      difference to the symptoms) in MacTCP.
    o Given the Mac the IP address 194.159.66.51.
    o Set the gateway address to 0.0.0.0
    o Set the two domains for the Mac as
         blueberry.co.uk    194.159.66.50  (default)
         .                  194.159.66.50
    o Rebooted

Attempts to connect to the FreeBSD box (using NCSA Telnet for the Mac)
just sit there.

I'm about to post this off to comp.sys.mac.comm, as the steps above come
straight from their FAQ, but I recall someone mentioning in here that
they had Macs connected to FreeBSD boxes, so I thought I'd check here as
well.

And an advance heads up for those that know PPP well. I'm about (in the
next three or four hours) to post a draft iijppp FAQ to faq@freebsd.org.
I'd appreciate anyone who knows PPP giving it the critical eye.

--+=[ Nik Clayton             System Administration, Blueberry Design Ltd, ]=+--
--+=[ nik@blueberry.co.uk                1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre ]=+--
--+=[ root@blueberry.co.uk            London, SW10 0XE. Tel: 0171 351 3313 ]=+--
"It's two o'clock in the morning . . . do you know where your stack pointer is?"