Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:07:09 -0700
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, 'Jev' <jev@ecad.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java status and

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 01:28:40AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> Don't forget C++ as well :).  The current Sub distribution looks like:

Right, for the HotSpot compiler itself.

> Nope.  The only thing kernel threads provide is the ability to utilise
> multiple CPUs.  The JDK will work quite well with FreeBSD's userland
> pthreads (we just have to finish this part of the porting).

...and dealing async IO events without the goofiness of the thread scheduler
switching operations around within a process execution context.

> Wind River :).  You'll see Bill Huey (who is working on this) post to
> the list periodically.
>
> Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com

I'm currently suck on Motif initialization stuff and X internals, but I know
the specific place (X properties) where it is crashing. Hopefully, I'll be
able to help with the FreeBSD port more directly after I get over this hump
and catch up with the progress you folks are making. I lost about 3 month
dorking around with ld.so issues. ;-)

bill