Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:33:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   de0 problem 2.2-STABLE

Hi,

I just started work on a machine with a DEC 10/100 card using the 21140A
chip running 2.2-stable (cvsupped today):

de0 <Digital 21140A Fast Ethernet> rev 32 int a irq 12 on pci0:10
de0: DE500-AA 21140A [10-100Mb/s] pass 2.0
de0: address 00:00:f8:03:66:e9

It seems to work fine, unless I unplug the cable.  At that point it logs
the message "de0: link down: cable problem?"

I can "ifconfig de0 up" and bring it back, but that would be inconvenient
if I weren't at the console ;)

I looked through the questions archive and saw some messages from months
ago, but nothing recent.  I just bought a 10-pack of these cards.  Is it
time to ship them back?

I tried the Intel cards as well, but found that they had changed the rev
on them since DG put one in wcarchive.  What is the preferred PCI 10/100
card these days?

Thanks,

Charles