Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 16:02:43 +1000
From:      obituary <c9710216@atlas.newcastle.edu.au>
To:        Eric Griff <eric@netdesign1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange reboot saga III

Eric Griff wrote:

>     It dried it so well, that it looked like there was none on it..
>     So FreeBSD isn't the only hot OS, hehe.

FreeBSD is hardly a "hot" OS compared to Windows 98.  FreeBSD, Linux,
and other OSs that expect the system to be running stable 24/7 use the
HLT instruction on x86 CPUs to save power and keep the processor cool.

This is only possible in Windows 98 by using a 3rd party utility like
"Rain".  I run a Celeron 300A overclocked to 464MHz (also running at
2.4V) and as you can imagine, keeping the processor as cool as possible
is a high priority!

If you're running Windows 98 and running into overheating problems, I
*highly* recommend you use Rain (or something similar) to assist with
stability.

> Eric

-jake (obituary)
c9710216@atlas.newcastle.edu.au