Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:20:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        darrend@novell.com (Darren Davis)
Cc:        michaelh@cet.co.jp, terry@lambert.org, rkw@dataplex.net, current@FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure - Reply

> >> At Novell, using CVS with a reader/writer lock front end, we were
> >> able to keep a project with 18+ engineers hacking on it 8-12 hours
> >> a day buildable for every night but 5 for a period of 8 months.
> >> Further, we did it on three machine architectures.
> >
> >With fulltime engineers in how many time zones?
>
> We have fulltime engineers in San Jose CA, Provo UT, and India.  We used
> to have a bunch of engineers in Summit NJ, but not to many anymore.  All
> these timezones are still working on the source tree that Terry is talking
> about.

Actually, I was referring to the NWU code base only.

But as Darren points out, there are several projects that fit the bill;
his example is better because it has four time zones instead of three.
Time zones are not a sufficient reason for throwing out the baby with
the bathwater -- the point of both examples.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.