Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 10:51:11 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Publishers attacks on public rights.

Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org> types:
> At 09:29 AM 5/4/2001, Mike Meyer wrote:
> >Some of the examples have occured. You just need to look harder.
> You are being alarmist.

Considering that we're dealing with a group that has publicly stated
policies of replacing fair use with a per-use charge and doing away
with the doctrine of first sale, and has been pushing technological
and legal tools to achieve those ends for the last quarter century,
any alarm is certainly justified.

	<mike