Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2001 14:05:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd@bilogic.org, murray@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/29657: NICE_HEADERS conflicts with authorgroup generation

Synopsis: NICE_HEADERS conflicts with authorgroup generation

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: murray
State-Changed-When: Sun Sep 2 14:04:50 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:
  When I added the NICE_HEADERS knob it was under the assumption that
if the user cares about the output enough to use it, they will almost
certainly turn off the display of inline author attributions as well.
In the NICE_HEADERS case I expect that the document preparer will
collate all of the attributions into an appendix in the back, since
this has a much more formal look that NICE_HEADERS also tries to
provide.

  However, I've added variables for the spacebefore and spaceafter of
the rule that is generated with NICE_HEADERS.  The default spaceafter
is still 0pt, but you can easily change this in your stylesheet layer
on top of freebsd.dsl, by editing freebsd.dsl directly, and maybe even
through a command line option to jade.

  Thanks!

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=29657