Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:51:55 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Wanted: mirror program that can 'push'

Folks,

Does anyone know of a decent FTP mirroring program that can push changes
rather than pull them? The website I maintain on my ISP can only be
updated by FTP, I can't telnet in. It would be nice to be able to do

    % cd /path/to/local/copy/of/site
    % update

and go make a cup of coffee while it works out what files on the remote
site are out of sync, and updates them.

All the mirroring programs I've seen so far assume that you want to update
the host that's running the program, pulling changes down, rather than
pushing them out.

	    C.R.F. Consulting -- we're run to make me richer. . .