Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 1996 08:49:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        mitayai@dreaming.org (Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FREEBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Argh!!!

As Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe wrote:

> Goddamit, i keep losing people's phone numbers and it's beginning to get
> annoying...  Is there a non-Motif-based address/phone
> book for X that has been or can be easily ported to FreeBSD? I have tk4
> installed, but never
> had the chance to use it and a friend suggested that as an option...

I use a shell/awk script and a plain text database file.  This works
also when logged in via telnet or a modem.

My colleague uses xgrok, but that's Motif-based.  I could perhaps see
that we can link it statically against -lXm (as well as `plan', the
calendar planner, though there are also non-Motif ones around), and
drop it somewhere on ftp.freebsd.org, if you want.

--
cheers, J"org