Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:15:57 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bt848-user video card survey

Hi,
>      I'm shopping for a new video card and wonder if I could get your help.

I use diamond stealth 64 video vram cars on several systems, including the
one in which I use the (previous) STB card and the (new) wincast card.
I'm doing 1024x768x16 on it for lack of 4 meg (2 more meg are in the mail).
Unfortunately you can only get 1152x864x24/32 with 4 meg, I would prefer
a card that could do 1280x960x32, but that == 4.95 meg!!!  I run one
stealth (not with the TV card) @ 1280x960x16 (565) on a Nokia monitor
@ 79Hz and it looks great!!!  The tv card is using a crappy monitor so its
hard to judge picture quality.  you have to be careful when ordering
a "stealth64 videm vram" diamond changes the configurations/chips/DACs
etc. without reflectin this in model #s....

--
Steve Passe	| powered by