Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:25:08 +0200
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   remote debugging and remotebaud

Hello,

I was trying to establish a remote debugging session via a serial
line as described in Chapter 17.5 of the Developer's Handbook
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/x9972.html.

I had problems to get it going. Then I found out that `remotebaud'
on the remote host was set to -1 or 2^32 instead of 9600.
I only found out after I checked the documentation of the NetBSD
guys. They mention to set remotebaud.
Probably experienced users have put this already in .gdbinit.

I would appreciate if this would also be mentioned in the FreeBSD
Developers' handbook.

-Hanspeter