Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:26:47 -0400
From:      Mark Filipak <filipak@earthlink.net>
To:        Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@artlogix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mark asks: Easy way to copy CD-ROM > MS-floppy?

Hi All.

-- top-post --

I just got back from UNIX-land. Your reply was too late, but I saw what
happened and after doing this:

          # rm ???

I did this:

          # split -b 1457664 s_apache.tar.gz s_apache.tar.gz.

It worked perfectly (see, newbies are adaptable). Files fit perfectly on
msdos floppies. Then I switched systems (shutdown, unplug this, replug
that, boot other computer) and stitched the files together and extracted
into Win98SE. And, yes to that doubter, Windows Commander can't be beat. I
could write a lot more but I'd be peeing into the wind here. As an old cli
man I can assure you that Win is much more productive for everyday,
non-computer (read: real) work. Anyone who thinks a cli system is as
productive is simply kidding themselves. <gasp... heresy!>

One small example: double-click <...name_here...>.cue (by file
association, this launches EAC with the cue sheet loaded), and then click
"Make CDR" (this burns a CDR with the files named in the cue sheet with
CD-text -- track titles, etc.), then, work on something else while the CDR
is being made -- and I didn't have to touch the keyboard. Just
"click-click", then "click". **NO** cli system can be *that* efficient.

Ciao all -- Mark (installing 4.5 now)

--
See my resume: http://home.earthlink.net/~filipak/resume/
See my music trade pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~filipak/music/