Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 19:22:58 +1100 (AEDT)
From:      "Madhusudhana R. Pinnu" <pinnumr@latcs1.cs.latrobe.edu.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Unable to start X-Windows

Hi,
	Recently I purchased FreeBSD CDROM from Walnut Creek. I am able
to install unix in my PC. Only problem is I am unable to start X-Windows.
I have gone through the Greg Lehey's "Installing and Running FreeBSD"book
thouroughly. But I am unable to find whats wrong with the installation.
Here is my PC configuration.
CPU		:Pentium 120
HDD		:Maxtor	1.6Gig
CDROM		:Matshita 8 speed (unable to install from cdrom, so I used DOS
partition.
Mouse		:Microsoft 2 button
Network card	:NE2000 compatable.
Monitor		:Digital 15" SVGA Model:PCXBV-BD
Sound card	:16 bit sound blaster Pro Srectrum
Graphics card	:2MB Diamond stealth 3D 2000
RAM		:16MB EDO

When I try to give either startx or xinit command, I am getting
XF86config: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
config error: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config:150
and some configured driver names.
ChordMiddle
^^^^^^^^^^^
Can't use ChordMiddle with Emulate3Buttons
X connection to :0.0 broken (explict kill or server shutdown)

Whether I need to initiate any daemons as a root before I start
X-Windows? Are there any commands to be executed?I am not sure whether I
am providing enough information or not. If you would like know any
specific information please let me know.

Thank you verymuch for spending time
-Madhu

                    PINNU MADHUSUDHANA REDDY
DEPT. OF COMPUTER SCIENCE                       28, BARNES WAY
LA TROBE UNIVERSITY                             BUNDOORA, MELBOURNE
BUNDOORA, MELBOURNE                             VICTORIA - 3083
VICTORIA - 3083                                 AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIA                                       TEL:(+ 61 3)9459 8026

              Email:pinnumr@latcs1.cs.latrobe.edu.au
          For those who believe light comes even in dawn