Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 09:49:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        pherman@frenchfries.net
Cc:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipl problem in wi_hostapp.c ?

In message: <20020520120106.D535-100000@mammoth.eat.frenchfries.net>
            Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net> writes:
: On Mon, 20 May 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > In message: <20020520104220.V495-100000@mammoth.eat.frenchfries.net>
: >             Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net> writes:
: > : Just curious, what is then the reason that splsoftclock() has the
: > : magical property of clearing all other SWI_* bits?  I ask because
: > : the folowing change to ipl_funcs.c also stopped the panic I was
: > : experiencing.  Machine is still running for now.... :-)
: >
: > splsoftclock() isn't supposed to be used in driver code.
:
: I see.
:
: Well, if it makes it "less broken" before any fixes get MFCed, it
: might be nice to simply bump the two splsoftclock()s in
: wi_hostapp.c to splnet() before 4.6-RELEASE.
:
: Thanks Warner for the info, and thanks Drew for noticing the
: problem in the first place.  You've got a good eye.

Actually, I'll be MFCing a mostly proper fix today.

Warner