Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:05:04 -0800
From:      Sean Benoit <sean@digital-jungle.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Update To 6.2 Stable Causes Dell PowerEdge 1750 (SMP) To Freeze On Boot

Hello Robert,

First, thanks for the quick response and yes, PR 103697 was in fact
the initial PR generated by me last fall referred to in my original
message below. The current issue is identical with the same symptoms.

I have confirmed that our kernels were compiled with the ULE
scheduler enabled. Your response in addition to some Googling and a
quick look in the GENERIC kernconf and I can see that the 4BSD
scheduler should be enabled by default.

I have recompiled and installed the kernel using the 4BSD scheduler
and this enables the systems to boot correctly with both processors
enabled in the BIOS.

Thanks again,

Sean