Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:48:22 +1100
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Ralph Seguin <rpseguin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CCD striped disks are no faster than conventional

On Monday,  6 March 2000 at  2:52:36 +0000, Ralph Seguin wrote:
> Hi.
> Any idea on why my striped ccd partition is no faster than any other
> paritition?

Not really, since you don't specify how you're measuring it.  I'd
guess you're using something like dd against the raw partition, which
will transfer at disk speed.  ccd won't help there.  On the other
hand, if you have multiple processes accessing the ccd, you should see
an improvement.  Try rawio (in the Ports Collection) and see if that
helps.

Greg