Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:51:16 -0400
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        "'Terry Lambert'" <tlambert@primenet.com>, "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, "freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "rab@pike.osd.bsdi.com" <rab@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Subject:   RE: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

Why not bundle a single CD and a coupon for a free or
discounted copy of the latest version?

Toby

> If you are looking for a publisher, please let me know.  BSDi publishes
> The FreeBSD Handbook, and The Complete FreeBSD.  We are looking for
> new BSD books to publish.  Some specific topics we are looking for
> are corporate/enterprise, ISPs, embedded systems, and security, but we
> are happy to consider anything BSD related.

FWIW, the last time I was at Fry's, they had a 4.0 version of
FreeBSD bundled with the book.  Because I was using 4.1, and
was willing to pay for the CD set for 4.1, and was willing to
support the idea of the book, I would have bought the set, but
the media was 4.0.

I would have been willing to buy the book seperately.  I would
have been willing to buy the 4.1 CD set seperately.  Bundled as
they were, I couldn't really talk myself into buying the set.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.