Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:17:05 -0400
From:      David <dvelez502@nyc.rr.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dd and devfs

Hello everyone,

I was trying to rip a cd track using the dd command
which I read in the freebsd handbook.

I am using freebsd 5.0 release, and from what I read
it is suppose to build the dev entries dynamically
 because it uses the devfs file system. Anyway, I typed
this at the prompt:

 dd if=/dev/acd1t02 of=track02.cdr bs=2352
dd: /dev/acd1t02: No such file or directory

So, I try to build it manually and the the results:

 cd /dev
 ./MAKEDEV acd1t02
./MAKEDEV: Command not found

 sh MAKEDEV acd1t02
MAKEDEV: Can't open MAKEDEV: No such file or directory

If you have any suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks