Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:54:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Peter Lai <PeterL@resnet.uconn.edu>
Cc:        "'Y u r i '" <ure@home.com>, "'questions@freebsd.org '" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Tyr'd with all this pronunciation thread

	Ok, now this is WAY off topic, but you've both raised interesting
points.  But almost all languages do what you're talking about.  I know
spanish especially has words like hamborguesa, carro (cognate for american
car -automobile)  Also almost all languages fail to follow their own rules
all the time. Of course American English has taken both of these to an
extreme.  But the rate at which foreign word adoption is happening for all
languages is probably increasing due to increased world travel and
communication.  Ala the slashdot article on Spanish being ruined by
technical english words.

							Tim