Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:22:11 -0700
From:      Richy Kim <richy@apple.com>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: packagetool.tcl

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 08:12 AM, Alexander Langer wrote:

> Thus spake Richy Kim (richy@apple.com):
>
>> I'm trying to evaluate the core functionality of libh in contrast to
>> pkg_install command line tools.
>> (dependency checking, install/deinstall, conflicts, etc ..)
>
> That's not possible.
> libh's current packaging system completely replaces the pkg_install
> tools, but uses a completely different database and so on.

Yes exactly, I totally understand it's independence from pkg_install,
that is why we are evaluating it. What I meant to say, is the state of
libh (and it's scripts) at a point where it can demonstrate "package
management" functionality , as opposed to just the UI elements...

as you said in the earlier email of packagetool.tcl script being
out-dated(broken),
is that what is (soley) needed to test the packaging features?

(sorry in advance if i'm totally missing a piece from the big picture)

thanx

-r.