Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:25:46 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Finding percent idle

I am trying to find out the current % idle of the machine from within a
program.  I have looked at the valuse provided by sysctl and found
loadavg but not system idle.  I have also looked through the source for
top and haven't been able to figure that out.  All pointers would be
appreciated.

Jim
--
microsoft: "where do you want to go today?"
linux:     "where do you want to go tomorrow?"

Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.