Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:27:41 -0700
From:      Laszlo Vagner <george@vagner.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   security message after 4.3-stable > 4.4-stable

after cvsup and make world/ kernel install i am getting this message.

arp_rtrequest: bad gateway value

in my security log every night sometimes 4 or 5 times repeated.

I didnt do a mergemaster because i am away from the machine
and am afraid it will break connectivity and i will do it when i go there
to the site.

so does anyone know what this error means and how to fix it?

the only thing i could fathom was the gateway setting in rc.conf
it is set to

gateway_enable="YES"