Date:      06 Sep 2002 02:30:45 +0200
From:      Wouter Van Hemel <wouter@pair.com>
To:        Bim Jimbleton <lost@cbc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME/Freebsd but no KDE/FreeBSD?

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 23:31, Bim Jimbleton wrote:

> I noticed on the  FreeBSD newsflash page
> http://www.freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html
>
> there is a special link near the top to GNOME/FreeBSD project. news.
> For fairness, if nothing else, shouldn't there be one for the
> hard working KDE/FreeBSD team also?
> http://freebsd.kde.org/
>
> Or is it because the gnome link is on the freebsd.org site that it
> gets the privilege?

I believe this is partly an initiative of some freebsd developers, which
is why the project has a webpage on the webserver.

This is by no means a lack of respect towards the effort others put into
porting code to freebsd; I just think the KDE team never expressed a need
for resources from freebsd, and rely on themselves. The KDE development
seems more centralized, too.

Ofcourse, it might be a good idea to put a link to this project as well, I
didn't even know about it... If somebody (you?) would write a short
writeup about this project and its status - just a few lines - then we
could put out a newsflash about it. It's a bit hard for me since I don't
use KDE ;)

What do you think?

  wouter