Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 1995 18:52:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Filesystem(?) preformance - 1.x and 2.0

> As SysAdmin - Ng Pheng Siong wrote:
> |
> | Can someone running 1.x and 2.0 on almost similar h/w take a moment
> | and try these, please?
>
> My (and e.g. also Andreas Klemm's) opinion is just the opposite.
> Especially the X server performance improved from 1.1.5 to 2.0.  I've
> run xbench against both systems, but the server even ``feels'' much
> faster than the numbers are actually showing (though there's also a
> performance gain).

Yes, Joerg ... if he had read the numbers I mailed into the current
mailinglist some weeks ago, then he'd have the (other) facts ...

My comment: "Check cables and connectors" ;-)

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de         /\/\___ Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/       - Support Unix - akl@wup.de -

                  *** apsfilter - irgendwie clever ***
ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de:/pub/Linux/local/packs/APSfilter/aps-481.tgz