Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2022 12:00:39 +0100
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dragonfly Mail Agent (dma) in the base system

Am 28.01.2022 um 19:04 schrieb Ed Maste:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 16:34, Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> If you have enabled DMA on
>> your systems (or are willing to give it a try) and have any feedback
>> or are aware of issues please follow up or submit a PR as appropriate.
> Thanks everyone for the feedback so far. I think the feedback
> (including some private mail) can be summarised as:
>
> - It works well for the intended use case.
> - Documentation (FreeBSD handbook) is missing. I have submitted
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/261536 to track this.
> - We'd need to address queued mail in some way before it could be the
> default (e.g. provide a default cron job).

Just to add the probably most simple way, in use here for several years,
for the same purpose others already reported
(nano-monitoring-solution):
cat /etc/dma/dma.conf
# $FreeBSD: stable/11/libexec/dma/dmagent/dma.conf 289087 2015-10-09
22:09:44Z bapt $
SMARTHOST msa
PORT 587
NULLCLIENT

Working perfectly fine (forwarding all and everything; mostly ending up
for root(@localhost)) and highly appreciated zero-hassle base feature!