Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2023 17:25:06 +0100
From:      "Rolf M. Dietze" <rmd@orbit.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDE on FreeBSD 14.0 Release

Hi,

might be that I am on the wrong list for this, since my Problem
exists on 14.0Release.

After an out of the box install of FreeBSD 14.0 Release and following
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/setting-up-common-desktop-environment-for-modern-use.69475/
I am stuck with CDE. CDE loads, dtlogin starts an presents the login
or greeter window, but upon logging in I get a popup telling
"The desktop messaging system could not be started". Guess I am
missing some config steps. Any pointer for further reading?
I had CDE running on 13.2Release

yours, Rolf