Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:57:30 -0000
From:      Caroline Beauchamps <caroline.beauchamps@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   no buffer space available

Hello,

I have two identical PCMCIA wavelan cards wlp0, and I configured them
the same way. I have also a waveLAN ISA card from Lucent.
 One of the PCMCIA is working fine, and it can ping the ISA card.

The other wlp0 card can only receive ICMP packets , but it cannot
transmit...(I checked that with tcpdump). It can ping its own IP
address, but not the other ones.
When  I try to ping the other IP address, I get the message:

"ping : no buffer space available "

The only difference I could notice between the two cards wlp0 is when I
use the command: ifconfig -a

The card which doesn't work has the flag : OACTIVE

I also tried to do ifconfig wlp0 down and up, but I was still
unsuccessful.

Do you know how to remove this flag ?
Do you have an idea why one of the card is working and not the other one
?
Should I change the drivers for wlp0 ? I use the one provided in 2.2.6

Thanks for your help.
Caroline