Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:30:09 -0400
From:      bsdfsse <bsdfsse@optonline.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can BOCHS or QEMU run Windows 2000 Pro acceptably?

Does anyone know if either BOCHS or QEMU can run Windows 2000 Pro
acceptably -  with "acceptably" being defined as able to edit and
compile with Microsoft's Visual C++ 6.0?  On either FreeBSD 4.x or 5.x.

I would also like to be able to run Microsoft's VPN and XP RemoteDesktop
clients within the virtual machine, otherwise I could probably use a
Win95 client OS.

I'm still experimenting with VMWare 2 and 3, and plan to try
SerenityVirtual's emulator next.

thx!