Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 05:32:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jengland@enetis.net, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD gateway/routing problems!?!?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > On a 2.1.5 machine you should be using sysctl and turning on
> > the ip forwarding value.  GATEWAY has no effect in 2.1.5.
>
> Which is accomplished by setting gateway to YES in /etc/sysconfig.
Jordan,
In his original message he talks about having GATEWAY compiled in.
This sounds like he did it in the kernel NOT /etc/sysconfig.

> I'm surpised that Justin didn't just check "This machine will be a
> gateway" in the installation.  It's one of the installation
> options, and it sets the sysconfig flag for you.
True, its been so long since I did a scratch install:)

> 						Jordan

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team