Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:55:11 +0200
From:      Jaakko Heinonen <jh@saunalahti.fi>
To:        Gerrit =?utf-8?B?S8O8aG4=?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs crashes with nfs and snapshots

On 2009-02-11, Gerrit Kühn wrote:
> I just saw one of my FreeBSD servers (7.0-stable of June 2008) crash while
> trying to access the .zfs snapshot directory via a nfs client machine.

This is likely the issue described in this message:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2008-October/005217.html

The nfs fix has been committed to head and stable/7 (7.1-RELEASE has the
fix). The fix prevents system from panicing but you still can't access
the snapshot directory with readdirplus enabled nfs clients. As a
workaround you can disable readdirplus support if your nfs client allows
it.

--
Jaakko