Date:      Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:53:56 -0400
From:      "Shawn McDonald" <mcdonaldville@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD on Presario v2000

HELP!! I miss my BSD!!

Has anyone successfully installed FreeBSD on a Compaq Presario v2000 series
laptop??

I've recently purchased a Presario V2305 laptop.  The price was right and
overall I am quite happy with the unit but I cannot get FreeBSD installed.
I've tried 5.2, Freesbie and beta 4 of 6.0 but all hang very early in the
installation process.  Most of the Linux distos and live CDs work (I have
installed and am running Ubuntu without any problems) but to be quite frank,
I miss my BSD.  If someone has had ANY success with the v2000 series, I
would appreciate a kick in the right direction.

Any suggestions or advice would be well received,

Shawn McDonald