Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:43:03 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Rudolph Pereira <memetical@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs locking between current and stable

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 09:14:57PM +1000, Rudolph Pereira wrote:
> Hello,
> I am attempting to get flock/file locking working between my -stable
> (updated ~19 may) nfs file server and -current desktop; the server is
> running lockd/statd, and both my mail client (mutt) and a simple perl
> program complain that files on the nfs server cannot be locked.

The client also needs to run lockd/statd.  Be aware that rpc.lockd in
4.x and earlier is a null implementation that does not actually
perform NFS file locking with the server, it just returns success to
the client.  A working lockd was implemented in 5.0.

Kris

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--