Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:42:09 -0500
From:      Damon Permezel <dap@damon.com>
To:        jlemon@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gx problems with IP frags.

Hi.
I recently upgraded to 4.5-stable.

FreeBSD fubar.damon.com 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #0: Thu Apr 11 00:09:20 CDT 2002     dap@fubar.damon.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XYLYL  i386

I have an intel gige adapter.
Prior to the 4.5-stable, I was using the non-gx driver.  wx?

Even since the upgrade, my loonix boxes (don't ask) cannot NFS mount
my freebsd stuff unless I use TCP.

I have been poking at this some more, and have basically isolated it with
a "echo" programme which sends a datagramme to the echo service and
checks the returned result.

Whenever I echo from loonix (2.4.18 or 2.4.16) to loonix via gige,
size selected to get frags, it works.
loonix to Freebsd --- the pkts are sent, there is a checksum error.

If I initiate the echo from FreeBSD to loonix, with tcpdump running,
I see that the frags are sent, but no reply is sent.

In all cases, this indicates that the IP frags are being sent out
with incorrect checksum.

If this is fixed, please let me know ASAP.

If not, I can dig into the driver and provide a fix, if necessary.
Damon Permezel
dap@damon.com