Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:58:17 -0700
From:      mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

Sean Eric Fagan wrote:

> I'd like to point out that OS/2's early problems stemmed from it being a
> uSoft product originally.  But when Windows 3.0 took off (and 3.0.1 because
> actually usable by people), uSoft decided they did not want to deal with
> OS/2 anymore, and left it on IBM's doorstep.  Which is kinda a pity -- the
> 286-centric OS/2 sucked dead blue donkeys%, but given that it came from
> uSoft, I'm not surprised.  IBM did a good job of improving it, I always
> thought, a couple of years later.
>
> Sean.
> -----
> % A hapence if you can identify th esource of that phrase.

All the 286 products we're left for dead.  Xenix/AT was one of the best
Unix' ever made.  But.....

As for %, I dunno, we had Donkey Dicks in the Corps, the adapter that we
put in jerry cans to fill the tanks on the jeeps....

I liked Hermit Hackers `Non-hacker' reference, as that means a person
who can't do something in the Corps.  Thus a Non-Hacker is someone who
can't use Unix......

Of course, the % sign is also a graphic icon of the male sex organ of
the donkey...