Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:05:04 +0200
From:      Laurent Fabre <fabre@matranet.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Security <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: LaBrea for BSD?

Brett Glass wrote:
> At 08:18 AM 9/26/2001, Laurent Fabre wrote:
>

>>I'm writing a new version of it because i think this little
>>piece of code is a good idea but it also lacks features.
>>I want to be able to emulate stacks behaviors on a OS basis
>>and try to speed up a bit the capturing process.
>>

> What API are you using to get to the interface? I would think
> that divert sockets would be best because they can selectively
> route packets of interest out to userland for processing.
>
> --Brett

I thought about it yup but....
The fact is I need to capture something lower than IP, just because
we need to monitor ARP request in order to acquire new IP addresses.
So all we got to do this as far as i know is BPF....
Maybe we could use netgraph :)
I wonder...never try this stream thingie, but it sounds nice.

By the way if anyone got an idea please do tell me :)

--
#              Laurent Fabre                 #